monthly batch reports via Oracle?

From: zn <zn_at_zn122.edu.invalid>
Date: Sat, 25 Dec 2004 15:44:28 -0600

We are using Oracle 7 on NT and to send montly reports to customers, we have a home-grown Access database that runs SQL for each customer via ODBC and saves the results to a text file for each customer. The report process takes hours as Access sends the customer's SQL query to the Oracle server, displays the report, saves the text file, and then moves on to the next customer's report. Those text files (one per customer) are then e-mailed as a text attachment using a mail merge program. Is there a way to have a batch job run within Oracle using that same SQL string and saving the reports to a directory? We would like to keep the report generation on the server since the Access tool we are currently using ties up a workstation for hours and sometimes times out due to network trouble.

Is it also possible to not use separate mail merge software and instead have Oracle e-mail the reports out?

Thanks. Received on Sat Dec 25 2004 - 15:44:28 CST