Problem with SQLPLUS for Linux

From: star69 <spam_at_no.gracias>
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2004 21:45:02 +0100

Hello, I've downloaded from oracle.com this software to connect with a Oracle server from my university:

        (Instant Client Downloads for Linux x86)

        Instant Client Package - Basic: All files required to run OCI, OCCI, and JDBC-OCI applications

        *Instant Client Package - SQL*Plus: Additional libraries and executable for running SQL*Plus with Instant Client

I've followed the Installation Steps:

  1. Download the appropriate Instant Client packages for your platform. All installations REQUIRE the Basic package.
  2. Unzip the packages into a single directory such as "instantclient".
  3. Set the library loading path in your environment to the directory in Step 2 ("instantclient"). On many UNIX platforms, LD_LIBRARY_PATH is the appropriate environment variable. On Windows, PATH should be used.
  4. Start your application and enjoy.

But when I run sqlplus I get:

        sqlplus: error while loading shared libraries: libsqlplus.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I tried to define LD_LIBRARY_PATH with the directory, I also add that directory to PATH, but I've got the same error. I'm using Ubuntu Linux. Any idea?

Thank you very much. Received on Thu Dec 23 2004 - 14:45:02 CST