Re: Operations in huge transaction slow down suddenly. Why?

From: Bernhard Graeuler <fuerspam_at_gmx.de>
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2004 13:25:42 +0100

ana <anacedent_at_hotmail.com> schrieb:
> "Bernhard Graeuler" <fuerspam_at_gmx.de> wrote in message
> > Hi,
>
> Run this SQL while the slowerdown is happening.
> If this return no rows then you don't have an enqueue problem.
>
> SELECT DECODE(request,0,'Holder: ','Waiter: ')||sid sess,
> id1, id2, lmode, request, type
> FROM V$LOCK
> WHERE (id1, id2, type) IN
> (SELECT id1, id2, type FROM V$LOCK WHERE request>0)
> ORDER BY id1, request
> /

Thank you, I'll try this. A colleague of mine uses an Oracle 9 Client to check the session on the Oracle 8i server where the slowdown occurs. There were some locks on tables that where used by the import, because of the transaction, I'll post a complete list on Monday, and I'll check if this statement returns anything.

Thank you and best regards

    Bernhard Gräuler Received on Sun Dec 19 2004 - 06:25:42 CST