Re: Operations in huge transaction slow down suddenly. Why?

From: Bernhard Graeuler <fuerspam_at_gmx.de>
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2004 18:37:59 +0100

ana <anacedent_at_hotmail.com> schrieb:
> "Bernhard Graeuler" <fuerspam_at_gmx.de> wrote in message
> > Hi,
>
> Run this SQL while the slowerdown is happening.
> If this return no rows then you don't have an enqueue problem.
>
> SELECT DECODE(request,0,'Holder: ','Waiter: ')||sid sess,
> id1, id2, lmode, request, type
> FROM V$LOCK
> WHERE (id1, id2, type) IN
> (SELECT id1, id2, type FROM V$LOCK WHERE request>0)
> ORDER BY id1, request
> /

Sadly, this statement does not reply anything. It seems to be an IO problem, I found many thousands of the following lines in the TRC files:

WAIT #19: nam='db file sequential read' ela= 0 p1=24 p2=245433 p3=1

We did some tests with bigger log files and more log_buffers, but it didn't seem to help.

Best regards

    Bernhard Gräuler Received on Mon Dec 20 2004 - 11:37:59 CST