Re: Oracle Certification Path?

From: Alan <alan_at_erols.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2004 13:55:01 -0500

"Alex Reid" <none_at_anonymous.net> wrote in message news:vFEtd.1640$c45.8832_at_news1.mts.net...
> What is the best path for Oracle certification? I am new to Oracle, but
> not new to I.T.
>
> I was looking at the Oracle web site & it appears that the Oracle
> Database 10g Administrator Certified Associate is the latest & greatest
> entry level cert for Oracle. Is this correct?
>
> Are there different Oracle products for the client side & server side?
> At a friend's workplace Oracle 11i is currently being rolled out. I
> thought that the version of the client & server product were usually the
> same? I don't want to certify on something that is close to or is
> already out-of-date.
>
> The reason I am asking is because my current certs are worthless. I have
> spent countless hours & thousands of dollars certifying myself on other
> products for nothing. I want to advance my I.T. career, but don't want
> to waste time & money again on the false promise of career advancement.
>
> Thanks in advance to anyone who can offer advice.
>
> Cheers!

Don't waste your money. In this market, a cert without experience is useless. Even in a good market, a cert would just be one of many factors. All other things being equal (experience, personality, etc.), the cert may just be what pushes the job in your direction. A cert will rarely win out over experience. Received on Wed Dec 08 2004 - 12:55:01 CST