Re: UTL_FILE permission

From: Dave <x_at_x.com>
Date: Wed, 03 Nov 2004 22:38:58 GMT

"Nisar Tareen" <ntareen_at_yahoo.com> wrote in message news:6134f1ca.0411031225.73f68e2_at_posting.google.com...
> Frank,
>
> On the Oracle Parameter UTL_FILE give * as parameter.
>
> Then Ask your administrator to create a public libary where every one
> else could create the files or access from this directory chmod 777
> Oracle_temp. Let it be out side the Oracle example /Oralce_temp
>
> Then in update utl_file = /Oracle_temp it you are the only creater
> of these output from oracle else leave this parameter as * and give
> the path in before your output file and your user will be able to use
> the file.
>
> Good Luck.
>
> Nisar Tareen
>

> Frank Piron <empty_at_zero.nil> wrote in message
>> 2 Nov 2004 23:20:32 -0800 KelisaLee <jiayng_at_yahoo.com> wrote:
>>
>> > I've tried to use utl_file.fopen function to write a file to server.
>> > When i check on attributes of the file, the file is generated by
>> > oracle user with the priviledge -rw------. However, I need the file to
>> > be accessed by group and others. Is there a way to chmod upon
>> > generating the file? Any setting can be done on the server side?
>>
>> check command "umask"

utter rubbish. umask was the correct answer set oracle's umask to be 022

utl_file_dir = * very secure huh! you watch me remove your system datafile with that set, if using 9i you dont even need to set that parameter!

doesnt matter what the permissions of the directory are, if I cant read the file I cant read the file Received on Wed Nov 03 2004 - 16:38:58 CST