Re: UTL_FILE permission

From: Nisar Tareen <ntareen_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 3 Nov 2004 12:25:14 -0800

Frank,

On the Oracle Parameter UTL_FILE give * as parameter.

Then Ask your administrator to create a public libary where every one else could create the files or access from this directory chmod 777 Oracle_temp. Let it be out side the Oracle example /Oralce_temp

Then in update utl_file = /Oracle_temp it you are the only creater of these output from oracle else leave this parameter as * and give the path in before your output file and your user will be able to use the file.

Good Luck.

Nisar Tareen