Re: object name

From: Mark C. Stock <mcstockX_at_Xenquery>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2004 21:02:18 -0400

"dbyy" <noname_at_fooled.com> wrote in message news:Xns958ECC5FA550Edbyyatcanadadotcomni_at_207.35.177.135...
| hi everyone,
|
| it might sound like a silly questions.
|
| I have a trigger with a name like BEF_TBL_INS_ROW.
| In the exception section, I would like to insert a row in a log_table
| with some details about the trigger/exception.
| One thing is that I would like to store the name of the trigger (as
| current module) in the log_table.
| Is there a system variable or a func_call which returns the name of the
| current module ('BEF_TBL_INS_ROW').
| I know I could use the name of the trigger as literal in the insert
| statement. But I would prefer to use a system_var or func call (if
| available).
|
| I wonder whether someone has a solution for me.
| Any help much appreciated.
|
| Thanks in advance.
| Fred

i was just reviewing an old post on this same subject ... tom kyte has an example called 'who_called_me' and 'whoami' that use the dbms_utility.format_call_stack package procedure to determine the name of the calling and current procedure.

who_called_me was rolled into the owa_util package of the pl/sql web toolkit, but does not work reliably in earlier versions of the toolkit

see http://asktom.oracle.com/~tkyte/who_called_me/index.html

++ mcs Received on Tue Oct 26 2004 - 20:02:18 CDT