Re: Beginners book

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2004 18:10:20 -0700

Joe Smith wrote:

> "Hans Forbrich" <news.hans_at_telus.net> a écrit dans le message de
>

>>"Michel Cadot" <micadot{at}altern{dot}org> wrote:
>>

>>>If you like Tom's style, you'll love his book: Expert one-on-one.
>>>ISBN 1-861004-82-6
>>
>>And his other one: Effective Oracle By Design - ISBN 0072230657
>>

> Yes, I had checked them. But I don't consider them to be for a beginner.
>
> Thanks!

There really aren't any "beginners" books in Oracle in the sense in which you seem to mean it. I would suggest you contact a local community college and look for a beginning SQL class. It will likely not be taught in Oracle but it will get you started.

Or, probably better, find a local Oracle users group, join, attend, and find someone to help you. A complete list of these groups can be found at http://www.psoug.org.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington