Beginners book

From: Joe Smith <nospam_at_nospam.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 16:33:14 +0200

Hi,

I'm looking for a beginners book on Oracle (especially administration), but that doesn't stay in the surface.

I want to know the theory behind the locks; for what case an index type is better than another; what type of table partitioning to choose; typical actions to be performed by the DBA...

And of course, that covers topics as backup, basic tuning, optimizers, etc.

I've been to Thomas Kyte several times, and I like his style, answering always with real sql and measures.

Can you give me any suggestions?

As it is for beginners, I guess it is not important wether it covers 9i or 10g.

Thanks!! Received on Thu Oct 21 2004 - 09:33:14 CDT