Re: Unable to load a string of length 356 into VARCHAR2(2000) column

From: scjfan122yahoo.com <scjfan12_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 20 Oct 2004 04:07:26 -0700

> > After seeing you message I tried to use the insert statement on one of
> > the long record, and the insert operation was successful. Your hunch
> > is right that the problem is not in the table but somewhere in the
> > control file:
> >
> > LOAD DATA
> >
> > INFILE 'xxx.dat'
> >
> > APPEND
> > INTO TABLE yyy
> >
> > FIELDS TERMINATED BY '|'
> >
> > (zzz "RTRIM(:zzz, ' ')"
> > ,timestamp "TO_DATE(:timestamp, 'YYYYMMDD')"
> > )
> >

> > Where do I miss?
> >

> > Simon
>
> I have never seen the problem be anywhere except in the data itself. Look
> for embeded carriage returns.

I have tried with a long text string without any embeded carriage returns, and the loading process still fails. It turns out that any text string > 256 characters will be rejected by sql*loader. Is this possible a known bug for 8.1.6 sql*loader with a patch out there? Since I do not have a metalink account, can someone be kind enought to do a search? If there is a patch, I will appreciate if he/she can email it to me.

Thanks,

Simon Received on Wed Oct 20 2004 - 06:07:26 CDT