Re: I need to move oracle database from one to another server

From: marqzik <marqzik_at_wp.pl>
Date: Fri, 08 Oct 2004 10:45:29 GMT

> If you don't do that, the database won't start, and you need to
> recover.

I want to point again :)
The new server will be recovered from "cold" backup of all filesystems (from second server)
So all files will be the same as on the second server before one month. During this time nothing has been changed! So we think that after we stop oracle on the old server we need move to the new one only:
dbf files and controll files
(what abaut redo logs?)
Anything else?
Marcin Received on Fri Oct 08 2004 - 05:45:29 CDT