Strange Operator in SQL Statement

From: Chris Gidman <cjgidman_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 7 Oct 2004 06:00:44 -0700

I'm supporting an application having it's database in Oracle 8.1.7.4 I found a view that has the following conditional in the WHERE clause:

TABLE1.FIELD_FK =+ TABLE2.FIELD_PK I have tried to figure out what this means, but I cannot. It is apparently NOT the same as:

TABLE1.FIELD_FK = TABLE2.FIELD_PK (+)
...which was my first thought.

It seems to behave more like:

TABLE1.FIELD_FK = TABLE2.FIELD_PK
...which doesn't really make sense at all.

The conditional does NOT generate an error.

Anybody know what this is all about? Is it standard SQL or Oracle specific?

Chris. Received on Thu Oct 07 2004 - 08:00:44 CDT