Re: Invalid column name ??

From: Bricklen <bricklen_at_zyahoo.zcomz>
Date: Tue, 05 Oct 2004 14:51:56 GMT

thomas goodwin wrote:
> I did a table export from Acess 2002 to Oracle9i.
> When I "Select * from table1" I see all of the variables.
> When I select individual variables ("select var1 from table1")
> I sometimes get a value. For other variables I get
> ORA 00904 Invalid column name.
>
> I am using the exact spelling the the variable name I see in my
> Select * statement.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> thanks, tom g

Could be caused by a case sensitivity problem. IIRC, Access uses double quotes around names and preserves the case. Try it that way to see if that could be the problem, eg

select "var1" from "table1";

Or maybe your column names are reserved words? I can't remember whether or not reserved words trigger that error or not, though. select * from v$reserved_words; Received on Tue Oct 05 2004 - 09:51:56 CDT