Re: slackware+oracle

From: Howard J. Rogers <howardjr_at_dizwell.com>
Date: Tue, 05 Oct 2004 07:45:12 +1000

taddeo wrote:

> Hi everybody,
> during Oracle10g installation on Slk10, k2.4.26, i received a message
> telling that the distro i was using was not certified , from Oracle
> Installer.
>
> The certified distro are Suse xxx , Fedora yyy , but not SLACKWARE.

Interesting reading. You *absolutely* certain it says Fedora??

Because last time I checked, it said 'Red Hat Enterprise Server 2.1 and 3.0, along with United Linux (and now Suse has been added to the list).

> I tried to modify a configuration file used by runInstaller, but on
> this a checksum control is used, and i have to stop the installation.
>
> thanks for some usefull information about this problem.
>
> Fabio

Did you try:

/Disk1/runInstaller -ignoreSysPrereqs

??

Regards
HJR Received on Mon Oct 04 2004 - 16:45:12 CDT