Re: Listener not starting after booting

From: Joel Garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 27 Jul 2004 11:40:51 -0700

Axel Seinsche <newsgroup_at_seinsche.net> wrote in message news:<41062dd5$0$12449$9b622d9e_at_news.freenet.de>...
> Hi all,
>
> I installed Oracle 10g on my Debian Sarge. After the installation
> everything was ok. The listener was running, the DB was accessible. Very
> happy. :-)
>
> When I started my system this morning I couldn't start the listener any
> more. The error message I get is
>
> "LSNRCTL for Linux: Version 10.1.0.2.0 - Production on 27-JUL-2004 12:30:51
>
> Copyright (c) 1991, 2004, Oracle. All rights reserved.
>
> Message 1070 not found; No message file for product=network,
> facility=TNSTNS-12545: Message 12545 not found; No message file for
> product=network, facility=TNS
> TNS-12560: Message 12560 not found; No message file for
> product=network, facility=TNS
> TNS-00515: Message 515 not found; No message file for
> product=network, facility=TNS
> Linux Error: 2: No such file or directory"
>
> I think this only tells me that message for the error could not be
> found. Is there anything wrong with some file permissions, if yes, which
> one? I hope anybody can help me. For me it's strange, because everything
> was ok after installation.
>
> Regards,
>
> Axel

Often when Oracle can't find the message files ORACLE_HOME hasn't been set correctly in the environment. Did you set it and export it before trying to start the listener? If you su - oracle you need to set your .profile or .kshrc or whatever your default shell uses.

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
Fighting over "geek" as intellectual property.