Re: Another report question

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Sun, 04 Jul 2004 13:26:27 -0700

amwi wrote:

> Sorry, but i really need some help to get started. I know this should be
> simple and very basic but i simply don't know how to get started, sorry.
>
> I am using SQL *Plus.
> I have started to write on the .sql file that i will execute from SQL *plus.
>
> Now to my problem: I am trying to write a report that generates an output
> that looks something like this:
>
> -------------------------------
> Report
> ===============
> Mr xx rented yy movies.
>
> movie 1
> movie 2
>
> zz rows.
> -------------------------------
>
> Where xx is a name, yy is a count of movies and zz is a count of rows
>
> Can you please give some coding examples to write out the "static" text
> above?
> The "dynamic" parts (sql statements) i can figure out myself, but how do i
> insert it into the "static" parts?
>
> Thank you.

Others may feel differently about your requests but my take from what you have posted is that you are either in school and want want someone to do your homework for you or at work and are not able to do the job you are paid to do.

Either way I've seen not a bit of evidence of you doing anything to help yourself ... so I'm done with trying to help you.

Post what you have written and I will give you hints. Post another request indicating you haven't done a thing and you will be ignored.

--
Daniel Morgan
damorgan_at_x.washington.edu