Re: IMPORT DATA FROM TXT FILE

From: Hans Forbrich <forbrich_at_yahoo.net>
Date: Fri, 02 Jul 2004 13:58:19 GMT

Mytskidis Georgios wrote:

> I can't understand your sarcasm (Daniel and Hans). I'm not going to
> explain why I developed my "application" as you called it since it's none
> of your business. And further more, since I've not asked any kind of fee
> for that "application", no one is entitled to make any sarcasm comment.
> What's wrong with you fellows ?

No sarcasm. Just a pointed way of asking the question. You are reading too much into the response.

In my case, this is an attempt to understand what you have developed. And what makes it different or better than something that is native in Oracle.

Both Daniel and I have seen a lot of developers duplicate stuff that is in Oracle. The reasons could be because the developer did not understand Oracle or did not read the documentation or had a better idea. If the last, then we (the group) are usually interested.

I specifically asked whether this duplicates or enhances External Table experience. (I also asked: if this is an enhancement, please let us know in cdo.marketplace as some of us use that as a searchable archive of tools and utilities.) That allows you to demonstrate the added value - or to demonstrate that you do not know/understand External Tables. Received on Fri Jul 02 2004 - 08:58:19 CDT