Re: Obtain only alphabets from table

From: Michael Austin <maustin_at_firstdbasource.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 17:42:37 GMT

Knut Stolze wrote:
> Daniel Morgan wrote:
>

>>Definitely homework ... especially when you think it is appropriate to
>>post to three different usenet groups related to two different products.
>>So do it yourself ... and consider the BETWEEN keyword.

> I don't have a problem giving the answer (if it doesn't take too much of my
> time). The one who is not learning in the process is the questioner, and I
> hope the actual lack of knowledge will bite him sooner or later. ;-)

I only give minor hints because the fact of the matter is - if he is asking, it means he didn't pay attention in class and should fail - or does not have what it takes to understand the concepts at all, in which case he should major in something else...

and the only person it bites is the rest of the Oracle community trying to keep wages at something livable because companies will hire people like this for next to nothing and then he will expect the rest of us to get him out of a jam...

The ones that deserve help are the ones that at least give you some examples of how they have tried, and tried, and tried... not just give you the problem and hope you will solve if for them...

JMHO... Michael. Received on Wed Jun 30 2004 - 12:42:37 CDT