Re: SQL Server to Oracel

From: Burt Peltier <burttemp1REMOVETHIS_at_bellsouth.net>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 01:51:44 -0500

Now, that is a change. Change of OS AND change in database :)

Forget everything about sql server and start out with the Oracle beginners classes or books.
- Same for Linux vs. NT.

Moving from Unix to Linux (not counting Sys Admin work) is not much of a change for DBAs, in my opinion.

Note: I personally perfer Oracle on Unix or Linux.