Re: Oracle 9i - is it always this big

From: Turkbear <john.g_at_dot.spamfree.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 08:43:51 -0500

"C.O.Jones" <nospam.ple_at_se> wrote:

>I've been using Oracle 8i until now. I've just downloaded
>and installed Oracle 9i Personal Edition for Windows XP.
>
>Oracle 8i took up less than 2 GB on my hard drive, but
>my newly installed 9i takes up 23 GB - is this normal? If
>so, why so large?
>
>Most of the space is taken by a single file, 20.2 GB :
>C:\oracle\ora81\Apache\Apache\logs\error_log. Is this normal?
>If its wrong, how do I reduce the file to a reasonable size?

What is in the error log? Check the docs about setting options as to what is logged..Also, it seems that it is Apache not Oracle that is generating this monster..try shutting down the HTTP service ( Apache), deleting the log , restarting and watching it to see if it still grows rapidly..If so, then you should find out way and fix it.

After that, you can, as others have posted, remove unused components from the default Oracle installed set. Received on Wed Jun 23 2004 - 08:43:51 CDT