Oracle 9i - is it always this big

From: C.O.Jones <nospam.ple_at_se>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 01:55:45 GMT

I've been using Oracle 8i until now. I've just downloaded and installed Oracle 9i Personal Edition for Windows XP.

Oracle 8i took up less than 2 GB on my hard drive, but my newly installed 9i takes up 23 GB - is this normal? If so, why so large?

Most of the space is taken by a single file, 20.2 GB : C:\oracle\ora81\Apache\Apache\logs\error_log. Is this normal? If its wrong, how do I reduce the file to a reasonable size? Received on Tue Jun 22 2004 - 20:55:45 CDT