Re: ODBC question

From: Turkbear <john.g_at_dot.spamfree.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 08:42:30 -0500

peteg_at_garlic.com (hedrew3) wrote:

>Basic question(s): I am trying to create a little web front-end search
>form to an Oracle table. The end users currently do not have any
>Oracle drivers installed.
>
>What is the minimum that needs to be installed for them: an ODBC
>driver (from Oracle, Microsoft, etc)? How about tnsnames.ora? Anthing
>else?
>
>Any tips appreciated.
>
>TIA
>
>Pete

To have a client machine connect to an Oracle database, the client must either use some form of Thin-client connection ( Java and some ODBC brands - but not most standard ones) or have an Oracle client installed on it ( at least SqlNet and its support files).. Received on Tue Jun 22 2004 - 08:42:30 CDT