Re: Oracle forms...

From: Joel Garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 3 Jun 2004 17:10:49 -0700

"Volker Hetzer" <volker.hetzer_at_ieee.org> wrote in message news:<c9nh78$6m8$1_at_nntp.fujitsu-siemens.com>...
> Hi!
> I'm looking for an intro to oracle forms, starting with the very beginnings, like, do I really need 9iAS,

Yes, because forms runtime is spawned within the OC4j container.

Technical: http://otn.oracle.com/products/forms/techlisting9i.html

Remember, OAS10g is really 9.0.4.

I don't know of any very beginnings, but you can do the 9iAS by example http://otn.oracle.com/products/oracle9i/htdocs/9iober2/obe9iasr2/default_otn.htm and start playing with it. It's always fun hitting up support for basic stuff they expect you to pay for in a course.

Of course, Oracle will sell you a course: http://education.oracle.com/web_prod-plq-dad/plsql/show_desc.redirect?redir_type=13&group_id=36&p_org_id=1001&lang=US&media=1&source_call=

And there are a few books:
http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=be14lg%242qan%241%40ID-152732.news.dfncis.de&output=gplain

> what's the architecture and what theimplemtation language.
> Can anybody point me to the right link?
> I've had a short look at otn but I didn't find anything useful.
>
> Lots of Greetings!
> Volker

jg

--