Problems Installing Oracle Client

From: David Hearn <david_at_dahconsult.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 3 May 2004 09:47:08 +0100

I am trring to install the Oracle Client software (8.1.6) onto a Win2K platform. I chose this combination because it matches the one I use at work. I see the initial window, where I am asked to select the installation type, (Client, Server etc). The window disappears after I click on the selection, the hour glass appears for a couple of seconds and is replaced by the normal cursor. I wait and nothing happens. I have used the same installation disc on another Win2K box, so its not the CD and must be some operating system settings.

I'd appeciate any help. Received on Mon May 03 2004 - 03:47:08 CDT