Re: How configure Oracle 9i not case sensitive...

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2004 06:49:56 -0700

D Rolfe wrote:

> Eloy,
>

>> Hi, i would configure Oracle 9i not case sensitive and in the table names
>> dont use ""...
>>
>> How can i do this ?
>>
>> Thanks in advance

And now that others have told you how to do it I will try to persuade you to change your mind and not do so.

Reason:

  1. It is unnecessary
  2. It is inconvenient
  3. Almost all third-party tools will not work with the mixed-case names which means report writers, query tools, case tools, etc.
  4. If you get used to this skill and go to a company that follows good development standards they will either force you to stop or fire you.

I'd suggest you do it right, use the default, and not try to foist your habits from another product onto Oracle.

--
Daniel Morgan
damorgan_at_x.washington.edu