Re: No archive log within a session.

From: Mark D Powell <Mark.Powell_at_eds.com>
Date: 14 Apr 2004 06:13:51 -0700

"Craig Burtenshaw" <crb_at_amsa.gov.au> wrote in message news:<407cda80$0$18997$c30e37c6_at_lon-reader.news.telstra.net>...
> Hi,
> Tried looking on Metalink, but I couldn't find an answer.
>
> Is there a way of not writing the redo information to archives within a
> session?
>
> I'm cleaning up a heap of PERFSTAT stuff and it's filling up my rollback's
> and
> also creating a full archive log every minute or two.
>
> Oracle 8.1.7.4
> Solaris 2.7
>
> Thank you
> Craig.

Craig, Considering that you provide no information on how much data you are purging, what the online redo log allocation sizes are, or what your rbs allocation are I will hazard a few general observations.

If this is a production system and purging the performance statistics is causing you problems with both filling up the online redo logs (causing switches) and in your rollback segment space then I suspect that your online redo logs need to be re-allocated using a larger size and that your rbs sizing also needs to be reconsidered. Even if this is a test system both of these may need review.

The other option is to delete one snapshot at a time. You may need to implement an automated process to clean out your performance stats data.

HTH -- Mark D Powell -- Received on Wed Apr 14 2004 - 08:13:51 CDT