Re: differences between RAC and OPS, and other questions.

From: Hans Forbrich <forbrich_at_yahoo.net>
Date: Mon, 05 Apr 2004 04:30:24 GMT

Cristian wrote:

> Hi all,
> I am approaching RAC for the first time and I am just wondering about
> the few documents avalaible on the net. Some questions:
>
> 1) Which are the big differences between RAC and OPS?

Why is this important to you? (For example, Do you have OPS experience and are you therefore looking for a reasons to move forward to RAC?) Your answer will help us formulate out answer.

> 2) How do the system relocate a database istance?

Not sure what you mean by relocate. (I get the impression you are aware that there is only one database and there can be several database instances coordinating interaction to that database. The term relocate is confusing.)

/Hans Received on Sun Apr 04 2004 - 23:30:24 CDT