Re: Need advice on web host

From: Hans Forbrich <forbrich_at_yahoo.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 15:47:05 GMT

Teresa Redmond wrote:

> On Tue, 30 Mar 2004 03:51:07 GMT, in comp.databases.oracle.misc, Hans
> Forbrich <forbrich_at_yahoo.net> scribbled:
>

>>Have you talked with Oracle?  They have (had?) a hosting program formerly
>>known as 'Oracle Business Online', also formerly known as 'Oracle
>>Outsourcing' and last I heard known as 'Oracle Technology On Demand'.

> I looked around Oracle's website and couldn't find anything that
> looked like what I needed. I will go look again, though, thanks!

(legend: > means look for, >> means click on, = means resulting URL)

http://www.oracle.com > Services [bot ctr menu] >> On Demand

(I have no idea why navigating Oracle's web site is so complicated. That said, with the recent changes in OTN at least they are being consistently complicated.)

And if you talk to someone in Oracle about this - first question you need to ask is "Have you sold this?". If answer is "No" then ask to speak to someone who has.

HTH
/Hans Received on Tue Mar 30 2004 - 09:47:05 CST