ORA-03291: Invalid truncate option - missing STORAGE keyword

From: Matthias Wirtz <Matthias.Wirtz_at_abbrevation.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 06:54:52 -0500

Hi,

facing this ORA-03291 while trying to truncate a table.

No cluster, no referential integrity in place. I have four tables. Three of them I can truncate and one gives me this error back. The table definition looks like this for all four:

CERATE TABLE <table_name> (cols...) TABLESPACE <tablespace>;

Why am I forced to use the STORAGE clause for this particular table? Where is the difference?

PS: using 9i on win2k

--
Matthias Wirtz - Norfolk, usa