Re: SQL Plus Help

From: Douglas Hawthorne <douglashawthorne_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 22:28:13 GMT

"Ash" <ashok_settyvari_at_yahoo.com> wrote in message news:e7f2e36f.0403180751.cf76d12_at_posting.google.com...
> Hello,
>
> Im trying to use SQL Plus on 2 tables in Oracle database. The code is
> as follows.
>
> select ALAN8,ALEFTB,ALADD1,ALADD2,ALADD3,ALADD4,ALCTY1,ALADDS,ALADDZ
> from F0116,F0101 where ABAN8=ALAN8 AND abat1='C' and ALAN8=55

SNIP to remove personal information.

> Now, what I wanted to acheive is, Im getting multiple records from the
> table F0116 which are matching the criteria. Out of these records, I
> wanted to get the record where the column ALEFTB is maximum. So I
> tried using the following code.
>
> select ALAN8,MAX(ALEFTB),ALADD1,ALADD2,ALADD3,ALADD4,ALCTY1,ALADDS,ALADDZ
> from F0116,F0101 where ABAN8=ALAN8 AND abat1='C' and ALAN8=55;
>
> When I executed the above code, Im getting error not a single-group
> group function.
>
> Can anyone please help me to acheive this.
>
> Thanks
>
> Ash

Ash,

I think it is bad form (and possibly illegal) to publish what appears to be personal information on in a public forum without the permission of the people whose names and details are used. I suggest that you convert such data in future to meaningless text like 'Jane Doe, 123 Main Street, Anywhere, USA 12345'.

You may have opened yourself and your employer to legal action. I suggest that you get legal advice as soon as possible.

Douglas Hawthorne Received on Thu Mar 18 2004 - 16:28:13 CST