mod_plsql - which http server to use?

From: FlameDance <flamedance_at_gmx.de>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 13:48:26 +0100

I have a 9.0.2 Oracle database under windows 2K/XP here and want to develop a small web application on it using mod_plsql. Part of the application is fixed, part probably will be generated dynamically, using pl/sql code.

My understanding is that I need the Oracle supplied Apache http server - but which version from which distribution? I've dug through the documentation for several days now but I'm still not sure if I need the 9iAS or not. Would the http server supplied with 9.0.2 database suffice? If I need the 9iAS, is the smaller 9iAS903_win32.zip from http://otn.oracle.com/software/products/ias/htdocs/winsoft.html the one to take? Or the huge 1.5GB archive from the same page? Or some other edition? Or should I try 10g? (As much as I've seen no 10g software is available for Windows.)

Thanks for clearing up my confusion,
Stephan Received on Thu Mar 11 2004 - 06:48:26 CST