Re: Batch File + SQLPlus commands

From: <sybrandb_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 2 Mar 2004 04:06:01 -0800

"Mark Day" <mark.day_at_solortec.co.uk> wrote in message news:<c21bfe$ors$1_at_titan.btinternet.com>...
> Hi All,
> Everyday I have to enter an sqlplus command from the sqlplus GUI and I would
> like to create a batch file that I could schedule to automate this. When I
> open the sqlplus GUI I always type 'EXECUTE
> mms_pps_comm.New_Row_In_OrdersFromPPS;' then 'COMMIT;' finally exiting from
> the GUI.
>
> I have created a batch that contains the line below:
> D:\oracle\ora80\BIN\PLUS80W.EXE system/MANAGER @PPS.sql
>
> My PPS.sql is:
> BEGIN
> EXECUTE mms_pps_comm.New_Row_In_OrdersFromPPS;
> END;
> /
> COMMIT
> /
> EXIT
>
> But this doesn't appear to be working. Can anbody give me an example of what
> I'm missing in my .sql file?
>
> Many Thanks.
> Mark Day.

Not changing the SYSTEM password from it's default is a clear security breach.
Using hardcoded passwords in a .bat file, especially if it is the SYSTEM password also consitutes a security breach.

As you don't specify what isn't working it is difficult to tell how to resolve it. However you wouldn't better implement batch operations in this fashion at all. As you are running a stored procedure, you would better use the dbms_job facility. It is available for this purpose. The dbms_job procedure is in your documentation.

Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA Received on Tue Mar 02 2004 - 06:06:01 CST