Re: PEAR DB 1.6.0 has been released - now OT if not originally

From: Andy Hassall <andy_at_andyh.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2004 01:10:24 +0000

On Fri, 27 Feb 2004 16:19:05 -0800, Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu> wrote:

>Andy Hassall wrote:

[ Body stating that PHP, including PEAR DB, is soon to be an Oracle          ]
[ distributed product, and question as to whether this would make it topical ]
[ at that time in the future according to the c.d.o.tools charter snipped... ]

>> This may depend on your interpretation of whether postings of a new version
>> count as 'discussion'.
>
>My interprestation is that a new product announcement is marketing and
>advertising.
>
>If it isn't then perhaps you could explain what is marketing and
>advertising.

 Fair enough. Which is why I put that statement in the post. If that premise is false, .marketplace is the only place it can go. I might even be agreeing with you ;-)

>And if the majority of the people in this usenet group agree with you
>pray expect blitz of "product announcements" from me and the companies
>with which I am associated. Is that really what anyone wants?

 Are the products of "[you] and the companies with which you are associated" distributed directly by Oracle Corporation? That was other significant part of the premise of my question, which would preclude your "blitz", unless you _do_ produce products distributed directly by Oracle. And even then the conclusion was it would only be topical for .tools.

 Clearly this is all offtopic for .server and .misc.

--
Andy Hassall <andy_at_andyh.co.uk> / Space: disk usage analysis tool
<http://www.andyh.co.uk> / <http://www.andyhsoftware.co.uk/space>