Re: reading unix files into oracle db

From: Ubiquitous <weberm_at_polaris.net>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 19:47:00

arjan <adalebout_at_hutchison.com.au> wrote:

: I have a prob reading files from the server into an oracle db using
: UTL_File.
:
: When I manually create a file on the server using vi, it reads in
: nicely.
:
: However, when I try to do the same thing with a unix file that's
: ftp-ed from a windows client to the server, oracle gives me 'invalid
: operation'.

Check the permission settings of the UNIX file.   Received on Wed Feb 25 2004 - 19:47:00 CST