Re: format of the output

From: Vu Pham <vu_at_sivell.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 19:10:05 -0600

"Daniel Morgan" <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu> wrote in message news:1077659170.312353_at_yasure...
> Vu Pham wrote:
>
> > Two of the fields in my table are NAME CHAR(30) and SECTION CHAR(1)
> >

> select keyword from v$reserved_words
> where keyword like 'NA%';

Thanks, Daniel.

I think you remind me that NAME is an Oracle keyword. Yes I forgot that - To be truth, I didn't know that - I am still new to Oracle ( I just learned that I need to connect as sysdba to execute the above sql ) .

But here is what I just did on sqlplus

SQL> create table tablea ( name char(30), section char(1), others numeric );

Table created.

SQL> desc tablea;

 ----------------------------------------- -------- ------------------------
----
 NAME                                               CHAR(30)
 SECTION                                            CHAR(1)
 OTHERS                                             NUMBER(38)

SQL> insert into tablea values ( 'vu', 'a', 1 );

1 row created.

SQL> select name,section from tablea;

NAME                           S
vu                             a

But maybe in some SQL sentence that really uses the keyword NAME, then this column will cause conflict ? But then I can use TABLEA.NAME instead ?

Vu Received on Tue Feb 24 2004 - 19:10:05 CST