Re: SQL+ Switches

From: Mark Day <mark.day_at_solortec.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 12:03:17 +0000 (UTC)

Hi Mark,
I am actually updating Oracle tables from within MS Access using the sql INSERT INTO etc. I need to commit the changes to Oracle instantly and there is no way to accomplish this from witih Access. I know the correct way would probably be to link to an Oracle view, but a third party would need to be involved for this, so the alternative would be to shell out to SQL+ from within Access and run the commit command after updating the tables. At present this is a manually process and I would like to automate it.

TIA
Mark.

"Mark C. Stock" <mcstockX_at_Xenquery .com> wrote in message news:Vq-dnc5uht8XW67dRVn-jA_at_comcast.com...
> arg1 on the command line (check it out in the manual)
>
> sqlplus scott/tiger_at_mydb
>
> however, why sql+ from vb? could you accomplish the same thing by connect
> oracle from you VB program? much cleaner and better error handling -- or
do
> you need specified SQL+ features?
>
> -- mcs
>

> "Mark Day" <mark.day_at_solortec.co.uk> wrote in message
> | Hi all,
> | Is it possible to pass the logon name and password when opening SQL+?
> | I need to automate some SQL+ commands and would like to shell out to
SQL+