Re: how to link Apache and Oracle?

From: Billy Verreynne <vslabs_at_onwe.co.za>
Date: 19 Feb 2004 02:26:25 -0800

Hans Forbrich <hforbric_at_yahoo.net> wrote

> Have any comments about Project Marvel? (Appears to be an upgrade to the
> original WebDB.)

Not yet Hans... (I rolled some of my own PL/SQL object web specific stuff thus far).

But I would think that webdb will only get bigger and better in every new Oracle release.

In my mind, treating Oracle as the application tier as well as the database tier makes loads of common sense and provide tangible real word benefits - and has the 3 tier J2EE web'ers running confused and scared as they think they can claim the app tier as their territory... like a a puppy attempting to guard a bitch in heat when it is not yet mature enough and lack the size to Do The Job. Java, the SUV of development tools....

Er... I hope my prejudice is not showing?

;-)

--
Billy