Re: it takes a long time to create a database

From: Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2004 08:38:15 +0100

On Fri, 13 Feb 2004 17:09:54 -0600, "Vu Pham" <vu_at_sivell.com> wrote:

>I created a user SAMPLE. When I logged to this user and createed a table
>TABLE1, then the schema SAMPLE was created too. Then if I would like to add
>another user, say SECOND to create TABLE2 on this SCHEMA. How can I do this
>?

Not the way to go. SECOND would have to create a table *outside* his own schema. That would mean you would need to provide him with CREATE ANY TABLE privilege.
If SAMPLE has tables, all tables in the SAMPLE schema should be preferably created by the SAMPLE user, or by one of the few 'power' users. The other alternative would result in an unprotected database.

--
Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA