How to enable AQ?

From: Kris Jenkins <krisajenkins_at_yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 12:23:25 +0000

Hi,

I'm trying to learn about Advanced Queuing (AQ) by running the supplied demo ($ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/demo/aqdemo00.sql), but I get this error:

	Creating Queue Table input_queue_table...
	Oracle Server Error = -439
	Oracle Server Message = Create Queue Table ORA-00439: feature 	not enabled:
	Database queuing

Looking in V$OPTION I see:

        Database queuing FALSE

But I've no idea how to remedy that - I've tried uninstalling and re-installing from the standard installer, but no luck.

I'm using Oracle 8i (8.1.7.0.1), btw.

Can anyone suggest anything, please?

Kris Received on Tue Feb 10 2004 - 06:23:25 CST