mysql to oracle migration

From: Colm G. Connolly <colmconn_at_nowhere.nocountry>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 11:47:20 +0000

Hi all,

I'm in the process of migrating to oracle (9.2.0.1.0) from Mysql and am having a few problems. Perhaps somebody might know how to solve them.

  1. When I create my tables I try to create a column of boolean type but for some reason oracle doesn't like it. Should I just number(1) instead? (I've tried inhibitoryShunt boolean and inhibitoryShunt boolean default false)
  2. What are oracle equivalents of the MySql functions now() and last_insert_id()? I use them in the following contexts.

insert into configurationMap values (NULL, 'MoreInhibition', now(), null);

insert into tableMap values (NULL, last_insert_id(), 'afferentSynapses', last_insert_id())

Thanks in advance,

Bye,

--
                             _\\|//_