Re: Error "max extend table reached"

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Fri, 06 Feb 2004 11:48:18 -0800

DBA Infopower Support wrote:

> Dear Sybrand,
>
> If you had a chance to visit our site you'll find out that we do not sell
> tools to defragment tablespaces.
>
> if DBA is using same size extents across the tablespace objects then
> there is no need for such a tool.
>
> In previous case our goal was to help user to restore services as soon as
> possible. SQL provided was an example. not a recommendation to run in
> production.
>
> Regards,
>
> Support
>
> DBA Infopower

I think yo could go a long way to defuse the appearance that you are doing nothing but pushing your product if you would sign your name rather than hiding behind 'Support'. Presumably you do have a name ... why not use it.

No one is going to complain that you post a return link to where you work or an email address where you are employed. But your signature begs the question of whether your intention is to be helpful or to spam. And reasonable people could easily assume the later.

So emulate how Jonathan Lewis, Howard Rogers, Mark Townsend, and I interact on this forum: Sign with your real name.

--
Daniel Morgan
damorgan_at_x.washington.edu