SQLPLUS and O/S authentication

From: Satinath Sarkar <ssarkar_at_orion-gis.com>
Date: 2 Feb 2004 19:25:09 -0800

I have an unusual need and any help would be appreciated. I am running Oracle 9.2.0.1 on Windows XP pro. I have O/S authentication configured and working fine. When I login as SQLPLUS / everything works fine. Is there anyway I can provide a username and password on the prompt and still login to oracle as the current OSUSER. For example if the logged in user is FRED and Oracle user is OPS$FRED IDENTIFIED extrnally and I am logged into Windows XP as FRED. Can I type SQLPLUS somejunkusername/somejunkpassword and still login to ORACLE as OPS$FRED. I know that this request seems strange but we have a unique requirement for a fallback login since the user is already logged into Windows. Any clues will be greatly appreciated. Received on Mon Feb 02 2004 - 21:25:09 CST