Re: PLZ GUIDE ME

From: Billy Verreynne <vslabs_at_onwe.co.za>
Date: 26 Jan 2004 21:38:36 -0800

jammudeepu_at_netscape.net (javalearner) wrote:

> I'M DOING CERTIFICATION IN ORACLE AND DOING FIRST PAPER(SQL).
> I WANT TO KNOW THE JOB PROSPECTS OF OCA(TWO EXAMS OF ORACLE 9I). I
> HAVE NO EXPERENCE YET.
> IS THERE ANY COMPANY WHO TAKES FRESHERS?PLZ TELL ME ABOUT THIS
> MORE.HOW CAN I GET A GOOD JOB IN THIS FIELD? AND WHERE SHOULD I APPLY
> FOR JOB MORE.
> THANKS
Get a copy of Oracle on CD (it's available as a free download too). Take it home. Install and play.

Why?

I consider the ability to solve problems many times more important than booklearning. Irrespective of the amount and level of booklearning you have, you WILL run into problems in the real world for which you have no booklearning to fall back upon. What then?

The only thing that prepares and teaches you about solving problems... is solving problems. Lessons learned during that is also almost never forgotten.

Installing Oracle on a home PC, creating a database manually, configuring the listener, turning on archive logging... things like that will give you the problem solving experience skills you need in addition to knowing the theory.

--
Billy