Re: oracle database for academic

From: Hans Forbrich <hforbric_at_yahoo.net>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2004 01:02:04 GMT

Daniel Morgan wrote:

> Based on my understanding from Oracle the license supports students to
> learn the software. It does not allow companies to use it, for profit,
> to teach those students: There is a difference.

As I said, "I can't comment on how 'legal' this is". Referring to the license for the TechNet version, Oracle explicitly disallows using it for 'third party instruction', but makes no mention of using it for self-study.

> If you use their software to make money ... Oracle expects a piece of
> the action. Seems like a very reasonable approach.

Truly. And I'm happy to pay - as long as it's not [always] out of my pocket <g>
/Hans Received on Thu Jan 22 2004 - 19:02:04 CST