Re: oracle database for academic

From: curious <heyimjustcurious_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 23 Jan 2004 19:22:46 -0800

Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu> wrote in message news:<1074812946.976948_at_yasure>...
> Hans Forbrich wrote:
>
> > I have noticed that a number of individuals assume that the "developer's
> > license" or the "CD Pack" for a trial can be used freely in an academic
> > environment. While I can't comment on how 'legal' this is, I do note
> > that it's a common practise by students to get the software under either
> > developer or trial license.
> >
> > /Hans
> > BTW: cross-posting to multiple newsgroups in the comp.database.oracle.*
> > heirarchy is not necessary, nor appreciated.
>
> Based on my understanding from Oracle the license supports students to
> learn the software.

 Dose student mean someone who is taking classes at a college or university only or any one who want to learn but not a part of any company or working for any company and need to use the software for the company work? I am taking aLinux lass at community college though.

> It does not allow companies to use it, for profit,
> to teach those students: There is a difference.
>
> If you use their software to make money ... Oracle expects a piece of
> the action. Seems like a very reasonable approach.

 Which ng should I remove and which one should I use to avoid crossposting in this thread? Received on Fri Jan 23 2004 - 21:22:46 CST