Re: OracleWorld in Shanghai...

From: Guido Konsolke <GK_at_oblivion.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2004 09:20:01 +0100

"Daniel Morgan" <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:1073959991.529899_at_yasure...
> Volker Hetzer wrote:
>
> > Hi!
> > I'm trying to convince my boss to let me go there. However, I'd
like to have a bit more
> > than just http://oracle.com/oracleworld/shanghai/conference/.
> > Does anybody know the precise programme?
> > How doe those conferences generally go? They want US$80,- for
registration
> > and I imagine I'll have a hard time to convince my boss that it's
more than a
> > get-together with a crate of TsingTao beer and a few dogs on the
grill.

> > Lots of Greetings!
> > Volker
>
> Come to Seattle instead.
>
> http://www.psoug.org/techday.html
>
> Hey you can't fault a guy for trying. ;-)
>
> I'll throw in a Chimay and you can tell your boss the event is free.
>
> --
> Daniel Morgan
> http://www.outreach.washington.edu/ext/certificates/oad/oad_crs.asp
> http://www.outreach.washington.edu/ext/certificates/aoa/aoa_crs.asp
> damorgan_at_x.washington.edu
> (replace 'x' with a 'u' to reply)

Hi Daniel,

very impressive. You know about that special Belgian beer? I was thinking you're more familiar with Aberlour... ;-) Anyway: if only Seattle was a bit closer to my location in Germany, I'd love to come and see Tom Kyte and other authorities. I told my boss to let me go but didn't succeed. The flights are EUR 600.
3 nights at the Grand Hyatt are USD 705. My cheffe is still ROFL.

Unlucky but waiting for his chance,
Guido Received on Tue Jan 13 2004 - 02:20:01 CST