Accessing one varray element within SQL query

From: Aviv <ronensh_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 12 Jan 2004 07:06:34 -0800

Hello,

Is there a simple way to access single element of varray from within SQL statement?
I'm using a .NET client, that does not support objects/collections, and I want to get, lets say, the first element of varray column:

SQL> insert into mytable values( myVArray_ty(1,2,3,4,5) );

SQL> select myVArray from myTable;

MYVARRAY

MYVARRAY_TY(1, 2, 3, 4, 5)

Is there a way to do this with member function? The only way I managed to do so is by define a function that get myVArray_ty and index as parameters, and it's a beet awkward way to do this.

TIA.
  Ronen S. Received on Mon Jan 12 2004 - 09:06:34 CST