Re: Private package global variables

From: Richard Kuhler <noone_at_nowhere.com>
Date: Fri, 09 Jan 2004 21:52:12 GMT

Ubiquitous wrote:
> I have a package containing several procedures which have some variables
> in common. For efficiency's sake, I want to make these into private package
> body globals, but I have a question about how constants operate. If I declared
> a constant which was initialized to SYSDATE, does the value keep the compile
> value or is it recalculated each time a procedure within the package is
> executed?

Just to clarify here, the value will be set when the package user memory allocation occurs. This is the _first_ time the package is loaded within a single session. The value will not change for any subsequent calls to that package within that session unless the package is reloaded for some reason (e.g. it went invalid).

--
Richard Kuhler