Private package global variables

From: Ubiquitous <weberm_at_polaris.net>
Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2004 19:07:33 +0000 (UTC)

I have a package containing several procedures which have some variables in common. For efficiency's sake, I want to make these into private package body globals, but I have a question about how constants operate. If I declared a constant which was initialized to SYSDATE, does the value keep the compile value or is it recalculated each time a procedure within the package is executed? Received on Fri Jan 09 2004 - 13:07:33 CST